PLEASE NOTE THAT A NEW UPDATE HAS BEEN MADE. MORE DETAILS HERE
I have the pleasure to present you the new version of the Marketing Canvas: MARKETING CANVAS 2.0
The structure and key concepts are still the same but based on the discussions I had during seminars and courses, I have detailed more each dimension in order to make this tool more actionable. Now, each key element of the canvas (like BRAND) is composed of 4 sub-topics that will help you when you discussed and analysed this topic. I have also listed key questions you should ask yourself for each sub-topic.
The main idea remains the same: Helping you when you build collectively the Marketing Strategy of your business. It works for entrepreneurs but also for corporate. It is strongly inspired and aligned with Business Model Canvas, Value Proposition Canvas from @AlexOsterwalder, Lean Startup from @ericries and Design Thinking from @ideo .
DETAILED MARKETING CANVAS
The Marketing Canvas is composed of 7 key topics:
- HUMAN: The person buying your products/services. A human person before everything that you should deeply understand.
- ANALYTICS: What can you measure? What can you discover through data?
- ASPIRATIONS: From tribes to causes, how much do you know about their aspirations?
- INSIGHTS: What are their problems? What jobs do they want to do?
- MARKET: How much of these people are out there? How much can you realistically capture?
- BRAND: Why you do business is more important than how you do business.
The Brand describes your Ideology and your Core Purpose. It is also your identity.
- PURPOSE: Why are you in the business that you are in? What do you believe?
- POSITIONING: In which category are you playing? What role would you like to have?
- VALUES: How do you translate your PURPOSE in your company? What are your values?
- IDENTITY: How do you translate your PURPOSE and VALUES in an identity that everybody will remember?
- VALUE PROPOSITION: Value Propositions are the reason why people take actions with you
and how you monetise it. It describes the benefits customers can expect from a bundle of products and services.
- FEATURES: What functions and features do you offer for helping the customer to do the job?
- EMOTIONS: What is the super objective of the customer? What's your Emotional Selling Proposition?
- PRICE: How much value do you create and capture?
- PROOFS: How do you support your claims?
- JOURNEY: It is your operations through customer’s eyes. It is a non linear of divergent and convergent activities. Great customer experiences leave nothing to chance.
- MOMENTS: Do you understand steps customer is going through when he/she is interacting with you?
- SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT: Have you define the standards of your brand experience?
- CHANNELS: Have you aligned, personalised and integrated your channels in your JOURNEY?
- MOMENTS OF TRUTH: What are your Brand Magic Moments?
- CONVERSATION: It is all about conversations based on prediction and human needs that deliver emotions and reinforce brand advocacy.
- LISTENING: How can you discuss if you are not listening?
- CONTENT/STORIES: Do you create content and stories for your prospects and customers?
- TOUCHPOINTS: Do you broadcast content? Are you inbound or outbound?
- FANS: How much of your conversations are true recommendations?
- COSTS: All the OPEX & CAPEX spent for your Brand, Value Propositions, Journey and Conversations.
- FEES: How much do you pay for having conversations?
- PEOPLE: Which structure do you need to make it happen?
- KNOWLEDGE: How much do you invest in knowledge?
- CAPABILITIES: How much do you invest in systems and processes?
- REVENUES: The monetisation of your business generated by all paid transactions during customer lifetime.
- USERS: How much Active users do you have for your Brand?
- ARPU: How much average revenue each user contribute to your revenue?
- LIFETIME: How long people stay with your Brand? What's your attrition?
- GROWTH: How much could you growth?
For each topics, a list of questions exist that you can use as a check-list. You can also connect all elements. As an example:
BRAND + JOURNEY = CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE or
VALUE PROPOSITION + JOURNEY = SALES FUNNEL or BRAND + CONVERSATION = ADVOCACY
SIMPLIFIED MARKETING CANVAS
It is still work in progress and I wait all your comments to make it great from good.